After a winter break (more on that later!), we’re back to get cracking on Beta III. It’s been a while and I was thrilled to see that she has fared the winter well. There is almost no water in the bilge, the paintwork has held up well, and the only damage seems to be a bit of bird poop. And best of all the caulking job on the deck seems to have held. Big relief!
Also time to check where we got to last year. First testing out the bed area…
And taking a look at the spray paint job Tom did on the inside of the galley. This was the last job of 2016 and I hasn’t seen it so pleased to report it is looking good and seems to be pretty thorough.
– finally find some blimmin square windows (yes, I’ve looked online. Yes, I’ve tried eBay… not a sausage)
– finish the floor in the main cabin (Ian the carpenter is all teed up to do this)
– a little more painting of beams (not done with the jotomastic 87 yet!) and sanding the underside of the deck
– design and fit out the galley